Post Date: September 25, 2017
Full-Time Production Supervisor
Location: Dallas, Oregon
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Several Years
This position is responsible for scheduling production at Plant 1 as well as assessing and monitoring production processes and record keeping. This position will coordinate with Plant 1 for fruits, ingredients and supplies to meet production schedule. Person in this role will interact with various other Management personnel as well as production employees.
- Work closely with Plant Manager, Production Manager/Supervisors, Materials Manager and Assistant Materials Manager to schedule production runs at Plant 1.
- Administer P1 program for recording accurate daily production information gathering.
- Monitor product flow and make adjustments to line settings accordingly.
- Supervise the daily staging of product for best production efficiencies.
- Monitor employees to ensure Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and Safety guidelines are followed and set a positive example in this area.
- Operate forklift as necessary.
- Assist in the documentation of product and ingredient movement for information system requirements.
- Direct production personnel in the proper procedures of product placement and delivery of finished product to the warehouse.
- Follow company procedures to ensure that inventory information is accurately recorded for entry into company data system.
- Produce, maintain and review daily and weekly P1/2 production schedule to assess product and material requirements for production.
- Assist in the development of a master production schedule through communication with cross functional management personnel.
- Take the initiative to troubleshoot problems with scheduling and process issues and assist in developing systems and procedures to improve overall performance.
- Effective English language literacy; oral and written communication skills
- Assist as necessary in cycle counts and physical inventories, working closely with Plant Manager to maintain accurate inventories and data collection.
- Provide support to other positions as questions and concerns arise.
- Assist with any projects of Management to improve Production Scheduling, information collection, material flows, manpower efficiencies, budgets and profitability.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Firm understanding of Inventory integrity requirements and Material flow.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and reporting requirements.
- Good computer skills and experience with MS Office applications.
- Bi lingual (Spanish / English) skills a plus.
- Team player attitude with attention to detail.
- A desire to understand how the work performed by this position impacts other positions in the company as well as the company as a whole.
- Several years Supervisory experience.