Post Date: August 4, 2017
Full-Time Application Support Specialist
Location: Dallas, Oregon
Employee Type: Full Time
The Application Support Specialist’s role is to deliver support to end users in the organization about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as operations, accounting, inventory, sales and other business units. The Application Support Specialist is also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of in-house software applications training programs and related courseware.
Strategy & Planning
- Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, end users, and unit leaders.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
- Provide support for Inventory manager including reviewing and updating program definitions for production purposes.
- Implementation of MRP and other systems enhancements.
- Develop and Maintain user reports, utilizing Crystal Reports, Access, Excel and Adobe.
Knowledge & Experience
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desktop applications, including PFW-BatchMaster, Access, Planet Together or other MRP systems.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Experience with building and maintaining databases for query and problem tracking.
- Hands on experience in developing Crystal Reports and Access utilities.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Occasional travel between locations required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Education and Qualifications:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Microsoft Office Applications a plus.
- Certifications in MCITP or MCTS a plus.