Post Date: August 4, 2017
Full-Time Seasonal CDL Truck Driver
Location: Dallas, Oregon
Employee Type: Full-Time
CDL Truck Drivers are licensed truck drivers to move product between the various Meduri Farms facilities and cold storage facilities throughout Salem/Dallas, OR. Products being transported include food product, waste water, chemicals, and more.
- 40+ hours per week with 4 – 10 hour shifts schedule.
- Responsible for hauling food product between various Meduri Farms locations and following all food safety standards for safe food handling/transport in the Salem area. Occasional trips over 50 miles.
- Work with Meduri Farms dock staff to move trailers around the facility in order to meet production needs.
- Fill, secure, and haul waste water in an 8,000 gallon tanker trailer and dump at designated location.
- Frequent loading/unloading trailers using a forklift.
- Adhere to a daily route schedule for pick-ups/deliveries.
- Maintain proper logging of daily activity and payable hours.
- Occasionally operate a flatbed trailer or tractor.
- Perform daily inspections of all equipment and report repairs/maintenance as needed.
- Observe and practice safe driving.
- Work with a team of drivers to complete daily tasks.
- Obtain and deliver parcels between the various locations.
- Act as a representative of Meduri Farms at various vendor/storage facilities.
- Current Class A CDL license with “N” endorsement (tanker trailer), with 2-5 years’ experience as a CDL driver.
- Must have current medical card to legally operate equipment involved.
- Must be able to pass an ODOT drug screening prior to employment.
- Must be willing to be subject to MVR screening and have no major accidents or violations within the last 10 years.
- Must be eligible to be insured by the company.
- 1 year experience with operating a gas powered forklift.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be familiar with utilizing refrigerated trailer units.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and have the ability to relate well to all organization personnel
- Ability to work independently and make decisions related to duties above.
- As a representative of Meduri Farms Inc. to many suppliers, must have the ability to communicate in a professional and friendly manner.
- Detail Oriented and ability to perform under stress in a fast paced manufacturing environment.